Sunday, November 21, 2010

2011-11-21 Dad is Home

On Friday, I stayed at work until 8:30 pm.  It was a busy week with many due dates coming up this month.    Since my office tower is environmental friendly, the ceiling lights are turned off automatically when there is no motion.  Sure enough, I had to walk out of my desk once in awhile to keep the lights on.  Fortunately, the cab ride was pretty smooth and got me home safely.

On Saturday, I had to shuffle the snow which I did not do in the past few days.  The snow was over a foot high!  Then, I did my routines - grocery and banking.   I also bought the yoga pass for 25 classes nearby my place.   I actually have a 20-pass card at another location for hot yoga but it is a bit of a drive, especially in the winter.  Thereby, I had to find an alternative.  Well, how can one live without yoga?  The more the merrier!

After I got home, I realized that my boss (Wade) left me a VM.  So, I promptly called him back but I caught him at a bad time.  He said his brother-in-law showed up unexpectedly.  So, we made arrangement to talk on Sunday.

Dad came back to Calgary at about 8:30 pm.  It was a long flight but he said he had a good sleep on the plane and so his jet lag is not too bad.  He brought me back a pink hot water kettle (made in Japan) and a few sets of pajama.

On Sunday, I tried out the yoga nearby my place.   I must say their floor is very clean in the studio and I love the scented candles & soft music.  The parking was great as there were not too many students show up at 9:30 am class.    I don't blame them when it is -20 outside!   The class has about 15 students and only 1is a male student!  He is a brave dude in the class...

Then, I went to shop for more food as my brother's family came for lunch/dinner.  My car, without winter tires, is very bad in this condition.  I almost got stuck at the stop sign.  After a few tries, I was able to go through the passage.  Bridget is so right.  I need winter tires...  I did call Honda West and the earliest appointment is Dec 7 and so I thought I would just call around, Costco.  Boy, I should have done it in October.

My boss called me in the early afternoon and we went over his presentation materials for an hour.  He was actually at the office reviewing and finalizing materials.  I am glad that I did not have to go back to the office.

I better go and surf for the Las Vegas shows, events, tours.  Jade and I are planning a trip to LV in Dec.  I love traveling and it would be wonderful to escape into a warmer city...

No comments:

Post a Comment