Sunday, November 7, 2010

2010-11-07 First Blog

This is the first posting in my blog.  How exciting!

It was a busy weekend again.  Too many things to do and too little time.

On Sat, Jade and I went to Interior Selection Center.  We went through cabinet, counter top, hardwood floor, carpet, tile, glass accent (my favorite - bling bling), fireplace mantel, door, door knobs, trims, sinks, faucets, and toilet too!  I have a good idea of my selection but it will be another session or two before everything is finalized.  It was educational and fun.  Thanks Jade!


Then, we went to lunch at Montana Restaurant and shop at Winners.  I like the shopping area there, but I must say it was a long drive.  Jade had her birthday in late October but she was totally occupied with work then and so the lunch was a treat to her belated birthday and celebration to her recent promotion.  Yeah, Jade!

I was planning to work OT on Sat night but Dwayne did not email me his spreadsheet (like he said he would) and so I had a light evening.  I had a chance to watch a romantic & comedy movie (Perfect Wedding / 完美嫁衣_抱抱俏佳人) by 林峰 & 楊千嬅.

On Sun, Mom and I went to pick up some grocery.   We bumped into Sue.  It was a nice surprise, but again she lives in my area too!  She said to my Mom that I am always a happy camper.  My mom did not understand and so I had to translate...

After I got home, I received Dwayne's spreadsheet and so I started some OT.  Though, I had to step out to meet up with Denise to check out my lot and sign the final papers (meeting 3 and 4).

The builder finished the foundation base and prepared for foundation wall.  Denise said the house is nice even thought it is just a hole with pile of woods.  :-)  She said she is so happy for me.  I am happy too!

At my lot, I met a young family (Sue, Murray and Owen).   Sue was holding Owen, her 3-month old boy as she introduced herself and her husband, Murray.   Owen was so cute and smiling at me as if he knows I am his neighbor and will give him candy in the Halloween next year.  They are super friendly.  Their home is built with Albi with stucco and rocks but they had a concern about their exterior rock being too red.  I thought it was a nice accent.  Denise said the same.

So, Denise took the opportunity to check out show homes while I finished up meeting 3 and 4.    We then went for coffee at a new Wave Coffee House nearby.  It was my first time there and fell in love with it already.  I love the sitting, light fixtures, services, layout and of course their coffee.  I got to go there more often!  It was Denise's second time there and she likes the place too.

During coffee, I went over my appliances selection with Denise from refrigerator, stove, built-in microwave, dishwasher, hood fan, water softener, central vacuum, to the red washer and dryer (oh definitely my love).  She likes my selection but she was surprised how often (or not so often) I use microwave and dishwasher.  It was a fun afternoon.


Ok so much for today.  I better get back to Dwayne's spreadsheet and finish up some OT.  I  should spend some time to prep the linked=in recommendation for Diane, my favorite sponsor from my former employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment