Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2010-11-24 Winter Tires

Boy, it was cold this week!  We had -29 today with windchill down to -33 this morning.  I recall I was in Beijing visiting Summer Palace, Great Wall, Bird Nest, and many wonderful sight seeing attractions last Nov on this very same day.  I miss traveling!

Anyway, this is the day when I brought my car for winter tires.  Sure enough, it was a 4 hour wait and 1.5 hour auto service.  Dad and I left our place at 6:30 am and didn't leave Kal-Tire until almost 2 pm!  Of course, it took me another hour or so to get home.

During the wait, the good thing is that Dad and I paid a visit to Mac shop and played the iPad.  I really need one and want two - craving, craving, craving.   OK, Jade; I take your advice and wait until the iPad next generation is out.

In addition to Mac shop, we also shopped at Chinook and enjoyed lunch, cinnamon bun, and our favorite coffee:  Caramel Corretto

Overall, the customer services were great at Kal-Tire (Thanks Kevin to let me know his pick), but the cost was much higher than other places, such as Honda West.  They said the winter tire package special finished in early Nov.  And, I needed the tires now...  so I had to go with it.  Honda West still has a good deal if you need winter tires, but the earliest appointment is in the 2nd week of December.  How can I wait?  I guess I was too busy at work last month and couldn't book time for this important yearly event.

Having said that, special thanks to Murray, Sue and Krista to look after my pre-booked business meeting at work so that I did not have to drive back to downtown after winter tires mounting.  Thank you very much!

I bumped into a news about hot yoga and would share it here because it has a few do and don't for hot yoga.  Interesting!  http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/Beat+heat/3868458/story.html

Better go for dinner now.  I will go to bed early tonight so that I will get up early tomorrow morning to visit my builder selection studio...   Boy, it will be another long drive to SE...

No comments:

Post a Comment