Sunday, November 28, 2010

2010-11-27 Lighting Fixtures

It was a great accomplishment!  Dad and I first selected lighting fixtures at Cartwright and then finalized appliances at Trail in 1 day.   Dad and I also went to lunch at Boston Pizza (BP) for pizza and salad.

An interesting event happened at BP.  A couple of Canadian man and woman came in for coffee and pizza.  After they finished their coffee, their pizza was not ready yet.  The man was upset and the woman asked for more coffee.  When the pizza finally came out, the man was more upset as he said the pizza was cold.  The BP manager came out and tried to cool down the situation.  In any case, the man and woman walked out!  They were certainly a strange couple...

So, here is a list of lighting fixtures...  This bowl looking lamp is selected for the staircase:



A pair of kitchen island pendants is my favorite - red and marble glass style:



When it is turned on, it glows beautifully (this picture is a smaller version of the above pendants):



My great room and bonus room have a combo of fan and lighting fixtures.  They are in silver/grey color:


For the exterior, I selected a mixture of pot light, ball shaped lamp and Japanese-garden-looking lamps:


For the dinning area, I have many pot lights with a dimmer.   For the rest of the main floor, I selected the elegant shell shaped lamps (3 light bulbs):


Last but not least, the bathrooms have the simple marble styled lamps (3 light bulbs):



After the lighting fixture selection and BP lunch, we went to Trail Appliances.  Trail is offering a 36th anniversary special.  Perfect timing!  I switched the standard dishwasher from Whirlpool to Frigidaire; thereby I got a more powerful dishwasher and some credit back as a result of it.

I also took the bonus offer on the Whirlpool water softener; thereby I got the Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System for free.  However, the installation for the water softener and drinking water system is extra.

Furthermore, I ordered the Vacuflo because Bridget confirmed that she has the standard Vacu-maid which is not working well for her.  Her advice is always great to take!  Again, the installation is extra too!






No comments:

Post a Comment